Here’s a market update from Global’s Managing Director Kim Rylands with supply information on some the key seafood products through Spring 2019.
There will always be challenges in meeting the ever growing global demand for great quality seafood but it’s good to know we have plenty of top quality seafood on the way for you.
1. Prawns – Local prawn supply is strong, sizes are generally small. King & Tiger supply will be limited for large sizes and expensive. Australian Banana prawns are in good supply.
Imported Prawns – Cooked Prawns are in good supply and prices are good, raw prawn meat & cutlets AVAILABLE NOW! Get in quick for great quality Global Raw Peeled Deveined Prawns.
2. Salmon – Supply and prices are steady, prices are very “competitive”.
3. Basa – Supply is strong & prices are good, only the weak A$ is stopping prices from coming down significantly.
4. Barramundi Fillets – Supply and prices are steady, large Clean Harvest Portions NOW ALSO AVAILABLE.
5. Reef Fish – Steady supply ex Indonesia, still poor catches in Thailand, the season in Vietnam finished until 2020 so get in quick for the last remaining supply.
6. Squid – NZ squid catches are solid but poor everywhere else so prices remain relatively high. We do have plenty of quality available at competitive prices.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive news, updates, promotions and new releases by email. We don’t do spam..
Global Seafoods Distributors
Australia PTY LTD
156 Burswood Rd, Burswood.
Perth, Western Australia 6100
Phone (Toll-Free): 1300 008 389
Telephone: (08) 9472 8466
Facsimile: (08) 9472 8506
Email: [email protected]